Sunday, December 10, 2006

Avs Act the Fool, Give Up the Game

When I left work, the last score I saw was 2-0 Avs over Kings after the first. The first thought I had was, "Plenty of time to give that up." When I got home, the replay was on in the 3rd, and the score was 3-3. One of the times I hate being right. But still, I pick up the live blog-ish there. At this point, I have no idea how this one ends.

Pierre Turgeon scores the go ahead goal. His first of the season, and something like the 512th of his career.

The Kings, like the Atlanta Thrashers, use that strange little jingle to indicate a penalty has been called. I kind of understand doing it, but I don't think I would like it in my rink. You have to wonder, what is the state of hockey like if a team Gretzky played for has to resort to that?

That is 4 - 4 now. It's one of those damn Thorntons. How can they "handle" one Thornton on one team, and not on another.

Kings are keeping the confusion high, and the puck in the attacking zone. They just are getting that job done at this point. Confusion and possession can win you a game.

Kings go up 5-4 with 6:12 left in the game. Can Theodore please have a hip flexor injury again?

As little as I like to rag on the Altitude announcers, but at 5:30 left, the PxP thinks there is a whistle, and there isn't. It was just a funny moment.

The Avs have the empty net, and Cloutier is acting like he is a starter for once. The Kings are working their asses off. Liles goes down with a puck to the head.

And that is it. The Kings come back to win it, and the Avs are looking like fools. They get a lead, they give it up to a team that doesn't deserve a comeback. I understand the come from behind victory, but how many do they need to give up in one season? This is getting ridiculous. They gave up 3 different leads tonight. In a way, I'm glad I didn't watch this one all the way through. It would have really pissed me off.

Technorati : , , , ,

No comments: