Thursday, August 03, 2006

"Bring Me the Head of Ron Tugnutt"

Who should be attributed with that quote? ME!!!!

During the 2003-04 playoffs, Avs vs. Stars, Marty Turco faltered a little, and waiting in the wings was Ron Tugnutt. I didn't think too much of Tugs, and as the game went on, and the Avs kept dumping the puck behind the net, which Marty could handle easily, I would shout out, "Tugnutt! Bring me the head of Ron Tugnutt!!!"

Flash forward to a few days ago, when my girlfriend was visiting. She had purchased from ebay a massive stack of Avalanche and Nordiques hockey cards. There were some cool items in there, like a few rookie cards, and some real nostalgia. The best, for me, were these:

Tugnutt Card 1Tugnutt Card 2

Oh, yes, Tugnutt. I own you.

I know he is regarded as a god in Columbus, and made a long career as an NHL goalie, and that he used to play for the Nordiques (duh). But it's Ron Tugnutt, least feared goalie. I'd feel bad for him, but I don't.

God bless you, Tugnutt, wherever you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man, i miss the Nords. i've always loved those jerseys, that logo...

sweet mask for Tugger, too.