Sunday, September 24, 2006

Avs lose in Vegas, do the Reassignment Shuffle

If the Avs lose in Vegas (3-2 against the Kings), and there's no scoresheet on the game, does anyone notice. I have no real details, like who was in goal for the Avs (Cloutier was in for the Kings), or penalties. The Kings won it in the last minute, but a goal scored on (who?). So I got nothing. And don't forget, I can tell you this one doesn't matter, while beating the Red Wings is an omen of epic proportions, because this is a fan blog. That's the way it goes. We wear our bias like a game worn jersey, with pride. Here is your marginal recap. I figure the league may be hung over, and the scoresheet happened in Vegas, so it stays in Vegas. It probably partied to much last night, and was found passed out in the front row of Starlight Express. Don't ask it any questions, it doesn't remember what happened.

The Avs did the Reassignment dance today, and it looks slower than the Monster Mash. From the Avs site:

DENVER - The Colorado Avalanche Hockey Club announced Sunday that it has reassigned four players to the club's American Hockey League affiliate in Albany, NY:
Kyle Cumiskey, D
Ben Guite, C
John Laliberte, RW
Tyler Weiman, G

These players will report to the Albany River Rats training camp which begins Monday.

Weiman goes. Even though it was going to happen soon, I hoped he would stick around for the whole preseason. Oh, well. Nothing else special to report. I found a couple of funny hockey commercials on youtube, and since my brain is soft as mush today, I may put them up later.

I'm still looking for my hockey game to go to tomorrow night. I know there's a Wings vs. Avs preseason 'tilt' at the Pepsi Center. But I'd rather see something else. What have you got, Denver?

Technorati : , , , ,

No comments: