Monday, September 18, 2006

JAHL and the Buffaslug

The Buffalo Buffalos Sabres have shown the new logo and jerseys for this season. The fans, who wrote, yelled, and screamed about the often leaked logo, were not heard. They will be placated by the use of a vintage like third jersey, but that won't keep the fans at the arena from wondering when they drove to Nashville. These jerseys look like Predators jerseys made with the wrong yellow coloring. If I were a pessimist, I would say that money had to have a huge influence in the jersey design, like someone paid way too much for some design work, or some serious cash was traded around before the jersey was brought to the Sabres attention. I can't wait to see the Sabres play the Preds. Figuring out who is who should be entertaining.

I just looked at the jersey again on Shop.NHL.com and I still don't get it. The dark jersey looks like a practice jersey. Nothing more. I don't get it.

Update: If you want further proof of the silliness of all this, look no further than here. Or, keep your sanity, and don't look. You have been warned.

1 comment:

Tapeleg said...

I don't mind the numbers that much. The NHL has been putting crap on their jerseys shoulders for years. I can't wait to pick up the Avs 11th anniversary patch.

It seems like the NHL is in the mode of "we will tell you what you like." From tighter jerseys, to logos, to presentation, the NHL acts like an old boys network.