Sunday, October 15, 2006

Avs First Real Loss, Not So Bad

If there is one thing I want to say about the game tonight, it was one hell of a game to watch. If I were at the game itself, I would have exploded, and if I had gone to the Czech hockey bar, you would not be hearing from me until next week, as I would be hungover that long. That was one hell of a game. There was little to fault, but here is what I saw.

Theodore gave up one bad goal. One. That may have been enough, but really, it wasn't bad. If he had squeezed down the pads a little quicker, he wouldn't have let it through the 5 hole. It was eventually the game winner, and that should be telling, but really isn't. Two redirects, and one PP goal from Smyth doing what he does best does not a bad game make.

Credit to Roloson who played like a maniac tonight. Good on ya, mate. Also, Hemsky was a whirling dervish out there.

Hejduk was on fire. One goal does not do his game justice tonight. He was playing like he should, and could, and will. This will piss off some people, and I say good.

Is it just me, or is Paul Stastny playing better than anyone ever thought he could at this level? His first goal will be epic.

Other than that, the Avs did come out a little flat in the 3rd, but picked it up when the chips were down. But not a bad night. I may have still got the best of it with the Mariachi show, but probably not. It was not a highlight of my career, and had stories that will be told for years to come. But not tonight. Tonight is for bed.

NOTE: Tonight, and for only one night, I am first in a hockey pool. I don't mention this to shame my fellow competitors, but only because I don't expect it to ever happen again. Tomorrow I have one player active, but a pool is a marathon not a sprint. To also show y humble side, I am second to last in my other pool. I can win and suck at the same time. I am multi talented, and look great in a sombrero. I have pictures to prove it. You will see them soon.

Technorati : , , , ,

3 comments:

Miss. Scarlett said...

I watched the game in the middle of the second and the Avs looked pretty good. Good to hear Theo is bouncing back.

Oh and you don't have to bring it on. I'm horrible at smack talk so that's as far as I'm going to go :P

Anonymous said...

Although the record doesn't show much so far, I'm feeling confidenet for a decent Avs season. I didn't realize until tonight that they are ranked second in the league on the kill, which will help a lot more down the road if they can keep it up. It's nice to see Arnason contributing this early, too.

Tapeleg said...

Sherry - Oh, it's too late, I'm going to bring the smack. It may not be very cutting, but I will bring it. As soon as I find where I placed it.

Anon - The Avs were 14 for 14 on the PK before getting scored on by the oilers on the Skrastis penalty. It was the only time in the game they looked like they were chasing the play, rather than keeping up with it. The Oilers never gave them a chance to set up. But you are right. They are acting like a team now, and even with the loss of players, they may suprise a few people.